I have four kids already, and I just lost my 5th at 34wks. My Dr. won't tie my tubes because I had a blood transfusion. So what am I suppose to do?

I mean, I want to have another baby, but is it safe now? My Dr. claims that it is though.

PBrooks04

Asked by PBrooks04 at 2:12 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in General Parenting

• Wait..I don't get it. You want to have another baby yet you want to tie your tubes? I am not really understanding your question.
    I had to have a D and C after a gestational molar pregancy and my doctor wouldn't tie my tubes due to his philosphy of wait and see if you really want to. Not because you are in a crisis sort of thing.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:25 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I'm confussed? YOu can't get your tubes tied but want another baby?
    Anonymous

• Why are you upset he wouldn't do a tubal if you want another baby? I think you just need to sit back and chill. Give yourself and your body time to heal, use birth control until you are ready to make the choice of sterilization or another child.
    RenaeMom3277

Answer by RenaeMom3277 at 3:27 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I'm not sure what your question is but I can tell you that I've had a child, have also had several blood transfusions in my life and I've had my tubes tied.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 4:57 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I think she is saying she wants another baby but the doc is saying its too risky but he still wont tie her tubes??? Is that right?
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 5:06 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• If you just lost a baby that far along, it isn't time to decide about another baby or having your tubes tied for sure. You are going to have all of the emotions associated with grief as well as fear about losing another baby. I agree with the post about chilling and giving yourself time to grieve the baby and see how things go in your life before you decide either is right for you. I am thinking you are married so you and your hubby need a little room before making your decision together. I am very sorry about the baby.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 5:09 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Humm, I wouldn't recommend using tied tubes as a form of birth control (if I'm following you correctly). It's irresponsible and too invasive. You have time (you're still young and think about healing physically and mentally), just use a method of birth control (condom or otherwise.)
    mom2trewife2vic

Answer by mom2trewife2vic at 7:09 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Having a blood transfusion will not in any way prevent you from getting your tubes tied.

Wanting another baby would be a good reason not to get your tubes tied, though.

I would get in touch with your doctor and clarify what's going on and what your future fertility plans are.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• your baby should have survived at 34 weeks, why didn't it?
    Anonymous