Are there any moms that have 2 year old diagnosed with type 1 diabetes?

I have a 2 year old daughter that was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes in July of this year. I have had some struggles with this..and feel rather guilty at times. Some days I want nothing else but to not have to get out of bed. I know that things could be worse but I feel like every day I am torturing my baby but sticking her finger, and giving her 3 shots a day. I wonder all the time if there is something I could have done that would have prevented this (and I have been reasured but doctors that it's nothing we did) I just feel so bad for her.....but she is such a happy kid...and just seeing her smiling face makes it all so much better.....I'm just looking for any tips that could make day to day easier...recipes for goodies...and just another mom that has been in my shoes.

cndennis

Asked by cndennis at 1:16 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Kids' Health

• There are several diabetic groups here on cafemom you can find. They are very helpful. Earlier this summer they believed my son was in the very early stages of diabetes but all his tets have come back ok for now so we are just keeping an eye on it. Sorry you are going through this with her. :)
    Mipsy

Answer by Mipsy at 2:37 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I'm sorry, I cant even imagine what you're going through. I have 2 friends whose toddlers were diagnosed. It's hard and a huge adjustment. ((hugs))
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 8:40 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I can't imagine what you are going through. But please don't blame yourself and do everything you can to keep your daughter healthy. I lost a friend nearly 8 years ago due to complications of diabetes...he fell asleep before making sure to take his insulin and never woke up.
    mag12305cmg

Answer by mag12305cmg at 12:06 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• At what age can he get the insulin pump?

Answer by rkoloms at 10:54 PM on Oct. 8, 2010