When do kids usually get the concept of donating their toys?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would say whenever they start talking and you can plant the idea in their heads.
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 1:25 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My daughter is 4 and has came to be about giving her toys to kids that are less fortunate. We watched a tv show one day about it and she told me she wanted to take the ones she didn't play with to some kids who would want them.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 1:26 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Maybe when they are over the age of two. Of course, it depends on the child. Each child is different.
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 1:26 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I think it all depends on the child, but i think it's early to explain it to them as young as possible. My son is only a year and I already explain it to him, lol. I explain to him how there are some babies who have no toys, and he's fortunate to have a lot, so we're going to give some of his toys to the kids who don't have any or many. Sure, he probably has ZERO idea what I'd saying, but if I always explain this to him, he'll catch it as soon as possible, lol. I think it's a great thing to instill in a child, to have compassion for those who are less fortunate.We'll be donating our time as he gets older as well.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:27 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• we donate and frecycle toys and clthes, and from about age 2 mine get that theya re giving these items to people who need them, bacuse they are having a hard time!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 1:29 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• When the parents teach them about hose who have less than they do. It's pretty simple to tell a child about another who has no toys or clothes, and then ask that child to give them some things they no longer play with.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 2:00 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My husband is 30 and still doesn't get the idea of donating his "toys" so well...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:26 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• When the parents take the time and make the efforts to teach them.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 2:47 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My son understands the concept and has for awhile. He is 4 years old.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 3:50 PM on Oct. 4, 2010