WAYS TO GET YOUR BABY TO TURN?

MY SISTER IS 40 WEEKS PREGNANT, AND JUST HAD A SONOGRAM, AND WAS TOLD THE BABY IS POSTERIOR.....OR SUNNY SIDE UP. HER MIDWIFE TOLD HER TO "GET THAT BABY TO TURN!" OR SHE WILL NEED A C-SECTION. DOES ANYONE HAVE THINGS TO TRY? TO GET THAT BABY TO TURN? WHAT DID YOU DO THAT MAYBE DID OR DIDN'T WORK FOR YOU? OR SOMEONE YOU KNEW? ANY IDEAS WOULD BE HELPFUL!

JayGirlsMom

Asked by JayGirlsMom at 2:20 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I heard shining a flashlight in your vagina works.

ameliasmama1026

Answer by ameliasmama1026 at 2:28 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I have heard that a DR can help the baby turn by pushing on mommas belly.. but really just do a google on "how to get a baby to turn" and you will get lots of info. its to wordy to explain it all here. When I was pregnant I use to get on all 4s and swivel my hips, and telling my baby to get head down & prepare to come into this world or whatever... I was never told my baby was laying wrong, but I was always scared we would end up with her being in the wrong position.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 2:35 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• That midwife should have intervened a few weeks ago when there was room to reposition the baby...not sure much can be done at this point.
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 3:08 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• There is a procedure the doc can do, it can put you into labor, my doc wanted to but waited one more week (37) to do it and she turned on her own.
    I would suggestion looking up different natural ways first on the internet, but I would also suggest that you look up birthing a briech baby. It is totally possible without a c-section it usually has to be done without the doc pulling on it. I watched a video, when I was worried and looked totally doable.
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 6:02 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• get into the frog position.. and lean forward, or sit on the end of the couch and lean on the baby a bit.. i did all that and everyweek he would turn down, and then turn back.. but it was ok, cause he never dropped and I knew I was going to have a csection, and let me tell you, it was the best thing I had ever experienced.. i was ready either way, but you know, i was out of bed in like 4 hours, and home in three days.. but the leaning forward while sitting on the edge will help.. they gave me all sorts of excercises to do, but in the end, nothing mattered, cause he hadnt dropped so there was no point in even trying.
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 12:09 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• oh, also, manually turning a baby can hurt big time.. i had two doctors, a surgical OB and my regular OB, and my regular ob told me that it would hurt, and she tried a few times, and i said, yep, thats enough of that BS, and the surgeon came in later, ( i had trouble with my DR) anyhow, the surgeon checked me, and then two days later I had my boy.. he was 22 inches long and almost 10 lbs... he was a very long baby, he's only 3.5 months now, and is almost 28 inches and 15 lbs
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 12:11 AM on Oct. 25, 2008