Do you feel any jealousy towards other moms giving birth before you?

I have to admit, I feel a little jealous that some of my friends are having their babies right now and later this week. I have about 10 friends that are currently pregnant, and we are all due within days/weeks of eachother. I'm 38 weeks pregnant. One of my friends is currently in the hospital having her baby, another one is going tomorrow to be induced... another is having major contractions at the moment and debating on if she should go to the hospital right now or not... My Dr. will be doing a c-section on the 13th of this month if I don't go into labor before then, and I realize that its not that far away at all, but still.... I want my baby here right now too!!! Anyone else feel this way? Trust me, I'm EXTREMELY happy for my friends, but I still wish I was in the hospital right now getting ready to meet our newest little one too!!!

wishwish

Asked by wishwish at 1:29 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Hell yeah!! That's totally normal!
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 1:30 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Not while I was pregnant but before I got pregnant I was jealous of other women who were having babies. When I was pregnant though I was the first to give birth out of all the other woman I knew who were pregnant at the same time, so I had no reason to be jealous lol.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:31 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• yep i was when i was pregnant i was impatient but dont worry ur close!
    skin172

Answer by skin172 at 1:31 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I did. I got to the point I just wanted it to be over.
    mandapanda942

Answer by mandapanda942 at 1:31 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I wasn't really jealous of my friends having a baby before I was. Of course, I didn't have 10 friends who were due within of weeks of mine either or any for that matter. I do remember wanting my baby to get here, though, when I was 38 weeks partially because I was getting to a point where I was uncomfortable all the time and could barely move. I had a huge belly because I am very small in height and weight. I was induced at 40 weeks because I wasn't sure I could last that much longer. It may also be hormonal because we have so many hormones running through our system. The baby will come when it is supposed, and it will be a wonderful moment when you see it. Hang in there. Congratulations!!!
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 1:36 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Totally normal, even if they're due before you. Even worse if they're due AFTER you! LOL
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:37 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• No because I know baby will come when my baby needs to come.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 2:02 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Never! I know that my baby will come when mine comes. When they are done "baking" and ready to come out.
    If that takes 43 weeks, so be it. But I'd rather wait thank you.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 3:44 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• i know exactally how you feel, I am also 38 weeks along. My due date is the 14th and I feel like I have been watching my friends have their babies all summer and several very recently. It makes me very jealous and anxious to have my little one! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy! I hope it goes smooth for you!
    ErinT

Answer by ErinT at 3:52 PM on Oct. 4, 2010