What cause or charity would you be most willing to donate your time or money to?

Do you have any favorite charity foundations?

Personally, as soon as my son is old enough to help, I want to volunteer somewhere, but I'm not sure where to choose, and I don't know which places would have need for both a mom AND a child, lol.

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 1:31 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• WEAVE
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:32 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Oops - posted before I could finish - Women Escaping a Violent Environment.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:33 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I usually donate my time to the Humane Society or the ASPCA, but they generally don't accept volunteers under 16. You could ask your local food bank about volunteering, or ask your church (if you have one) where you could volunteer together!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 1:34 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I guess it depends on your childs age. But when my DD is old enough, I will definitely go with her to volunteer as soup kitchens.

Also, habitat for humanity is great.

Animal shelters are great, And usually require a parent anyway.

there are soooo many things you could do!
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 1:34 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• every labor day we sit in front of the tv and watch the jerry lewis telethon and donate some money.and get awareness of all the deseases out there
    diana398

Answer by diana398 at 1:35 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• For me I donate to the cancer society to finding a cure. I have lost a few family members to different types of cancer and I dont want other people to go through what they did.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:35 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• That's been our problem lovin...finding a kid friendly deal! We recently joined 4H and THAT is affording us a lot of clean up and conservation opportunities and this Christmas we have some neat ideas too! We are also doing the breast cancer walk and raising money. Then there are the box tops and labels that we collect to help our school and I will be heading up to the local animal shelter to take pictures of the animals. They say they can get them adopted faster if they can post them on their Facebook! But you cant bring kids down there anymore :( Good Luck! I cant wait to hear some of the replies!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 1:36 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I work for a nonprofit and do a ton of community service through my church so DS gets dragged to all kinds of places.

I like working with families w/ young children the best, DS probably likes the soup kitchen better.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 1:37 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I am currently collecting and donating money for The Autism foundation. They sent me envelopes and I just address them and add the stamps to people in my neighborhood,

I also donate clothes and toys to a consignment shop , all profits go to a local hospital charity to help purchase for children in need....wheelchairs and medical equiptment

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:37 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• For years our family made, packaged and served meals to homeless citizens in our community.
    For the past 20 years, we have sponsored a family of children via a Christian foundation.
    We aslo contribute to several health associations (namingly heart, dementia and hospice services).
    We donate to each of our college and grad school AMs ( and to my son's current UC).
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:39 PM on Oct. 4, 2010