Postsecret CafeMom style

Postsecret is a website where people anonymously send in postcards detailing their deepest, darkest secrets. (postsecret.com)

I thought it might be fun to do something like that here on cafemom. Post your deepest, darkest parenting "secret" (feel free to do it anonymously). I think a lot of moms might be nervous to admit some of their "bad" parenting habits, but if we all post on here maybe we'll learn that some of the things we do aren't really that uncommon! Absolutely NO bashing. If anyone says anything negative, I'm closing the question immediately.

I'll start - and just to earn your trust, I won't do it anonymously!

Obviously, my toddler doesn't know that mommy wants to sleep in on the weekends. So sometimes, when he gets me up early on a weekend, I'll feed him his breakfast and then turn on Elmo so he can watch tv while I snooze on the couch! :)

arouthier

Asked by arouthier at 1:31 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Well, I can't think of anything dealing with parenting...but here's secret of mine that very few people know.

I've had a one-night stand.

It was years before I was a mom, and before I met my husband. But...I still feel a bit ashamed when I think about it. I'm not the type to usually do something like that, and it made me feel slutty. I didn't even know the guys last name!

It was the one and only time I've ever done and will ever do that.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:34 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My husband cyber-cheated on me. Can't bring myself to forgive him just yet but I can't talk to anyone about it because I'm too embarassed.
    Anonymous

• Before I got married I would only sleep with guys I had no intentions of getting to know. I prefered 1 night stands over sex with boyfriends. Sometimes I would sleep with 3 guys in 1 night. I was really messed up.

I got married at 18 because I felt I had to since I was pregnant. Now 10 years later all spark is gone and we just tolerate each other.
    Anonymous