I'm exhausted all the time

I have 0 energy all the time and I don't know why. My sleep schedule is pretty regular and I usually get at least 7-8 hours each night. But I'm still always exhausted to the point my I can't get up and do anything and just want to lay down and sleep. I plan on seeing the doctor but does anyone have any idea on what can cause this? I'm not pregnant or anything like that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Health

• maybe your depressed, taking b12 and b6 vitamins is good im tired all the time to but i jus get coffee sometimes maybe you just want a break?maybe u need to be motivated
    skin172

Answer by skin172 at 1:44 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Sleep apnea can cause this. Sleep apnea is when you periodically stop breathing while asleep so your body reacts by waking you up in order to kick-start breathing again. Basically you may think you're getting 7-8 hours of sleep, but because you're constantly waking up you're unable to get the necessary REM sleep in order to feel rested.
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 1:46 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I don't think I'm depressed only because I still want to get up and do things and I look forward to doing things I just don't have the energy for any of it. I know Im stressed but dont think its depressed but I dont know.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:47 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I was like that for a while, like falling asleep driving TO work in the MORNING. Then i had an emergency appendectomy and that sure didn't help the energy levels. Took me FOREVER to get over that. And now i'm pregnant, so exhaustion is just the story of my life i suppose!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 1:50 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I agree with skin172
    It sounds like: depression or anemia (iron deficiency anemia) usually these manifest in low energy and weakness. Do you take vitamins?

However, not motivated = depression
    tired = some type of anemia.
    thyroid = hypothyroid is another condition that makes you tired.

I suggest you go to the doctor and ask for iron study levels and a TSH.
    Good luck!
    Ahealthyskin

Answer by Ahealthyskin at 8:52 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Definitley see your doctor, all these ladies have great answers. My best friend went through that and she was severely anemic. Your doctor will be able to help you more. Good luck!
    mochamomof3

Answer by mochamomof3 at 11:03 PM on Oct. 4, 2010