What Are Some God Ways To Teach A 3 Year Old?

My dd goes to school 3 days a week, but I would like to work with her at home also. I would like to do educational things with her to help her learn to count, read, etc. Any suggestions?

Bugbait

Asked by Bugbait at 1:41 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Repetition.. Consistency..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:42 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• You should be able to talk to her teacher and ask how you can work with her at home. They should be able to give you a few things to help you work with her. Good luck!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:44 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Reading to her is crucial to her being a good reader herself. Talk about the story and point out things in the pictures. It is too early to ask her to identify words. Just let her enjoy the story for now.......it should be pure pleasure at the age of three. Enjoy!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:49 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My daughter wanted to go to school with her older brother, but when she would have been in pre-k those were the years that for the very first time they didn't have it. What I did was teach her the a b c song and when she knew it I taught her what they looked like. I would also teach her to count, like this is one shoe, and this is two gloves and so on. She also wanted to learn to write her name, so I taught her that as well. The teacher said when she started kindergarten she was the one that knew the most. At the end of the school year she was still the best student. Now she just turned 17 and is still an excellent student. Here's hoping you find what work's best for you.
    akamomof275847

Answer by akamomof275847 at 1:50 PM on Oct. 4, 2010