My 4 Year old has a cavity!

Is this completely unheard of? I feel like such a terrible mother. I brush his teeth every morning and before he goes to bed. With an exception of every now and then. Does anyone think its because we are still using the training toothpaste?

mlmsm928

Asked by mlmsm928 at 1:47 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i think some kids just are more susceptible to it. if you're doing everything you should, and follow the dentist suggestions, then you're doing everything you can. mine use kids toothpaste, but only because i let my kiddles pick out their hygene items. lol.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 1:51 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Well I took her to the dentist and they didn't do anything.. just told me to keep her off the juice.. So Im waiting to get in back it.. here it takes about 3 months for an appt.. ugh.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:53 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Some people just have bad teeth and they will have problems even if they brush all day and all night.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:10 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• My five year old has cavities on her teeth.. just four..but it's awful. .She got them from drinking too much juice! I feel awful.. but I can't take it back.
    I think you should upgrade to real childrens toothpaste now.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:48 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Thank you Superrmommyy..How did they fill her cavities? Just like they do ours?
    mlmsm928

Comment by mlmsm928 (original poster) at 1:50 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• It happens. If you can see it, it's been there for quite a while and you need to take him to the dentist ASAP.
    Anonymous

• Mine had 2 by the time she was 2 1/2. Her front teeth are jammed together - can't even get floss in there if she'd let me so one cavity that was jammed between them became two because it hit both teeth. I brush religously - to no avail at the time she was hardly drinking juice - it was watered down and really not eating candy or sweet things. Filled just like ours. But 3 year later - nothing and my 2 year old has nothing either. Don't beat yourself up about it :)
    beachgirl7970

Answer by beachgirl7970 at 4:23 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I completely agree with Sherri.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:16 PM on Oct. 5, 2010