Hey Democrats???? Do you like the sound of this?

Robert Gibbs as the next DNC Chair?
POLITICO: Democratic insiders are taking the temperature of some top party donors about the possibility of naming White House press secretary Robert Gibbs as chairman of the Democratic National Committee heading into President Barack Obama’s reelection campaign in 2012, senior officials tell POLITICO.

Under the scenario being tested, Tim Kaine, the current DNC chairman and former governor of Virginia, would be named to a top administration post, perhaps in the Cabinet, the officials said.

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 1:55 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Why not?
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:59 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• What difference would it make?

The country can't get rid of the Democrats fast enough.

Even Democrats are sick of Democrats.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 2:13 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Do you have issue with it because of the Howard Dean thing? Or arguing with GWB's comments on Obama's foreign policy suggestions during election? Or what he called Hannity?

To me it would be like appointing Rove to head the RNC. Not that he isn't their driving force, but in name not in title.

urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 2:27 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I am kind of sick of hearing from him.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:29 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Hey...this means we dont have to see his sneering every time the WH releases a statement?? AND not hear his smart@ss and below the belt insults....GREAT....he wont last long at this new post tho...they seem to drop like flies around Obama....
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:32 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Wasn't it just last week that I'd found something showing that White House staffers traditionally move on about midterm? I can't find it now. Meh. If you hadn't mentioned who the current DNC chairman was, I wouldn't have remembered. I'm registered as a Democrat but have never voted party line anyway.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:37 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I don't listen to press conferences but from everything I have read, people don't like him.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 2:38 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Hey...this means we don't have to see his sneering every time the WH releases a statement??

~IMO~His aura screams snake oil salesmen... But hey, to each their own. I find it interesting he has never led any organization. Never organized fund-raising. Never ran a business or non profit... But~ he is a possible mention for DNC chair... This from the group who brought us the inexperienced political puppet for President under the marketing scam of Hope and Change... OR, MAYBE~ they want to fire him from Press Sec, but don't want it to 'look' like he is being canned??? Smoke and Mirrors...lol Let's hope America continues to wake up!!
    grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 2:38 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• And before it turns against the other side... I think Michael Steele has proven to be a MAJOR.. UBER... DISASTROUS Let down... ;o)
    grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 2:40 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Gibbs is a good bull crap spreader, and Obama is going to need somebody to spread the bull shit. He sure does not have anything good to run on.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 2:52 PM on Oct. 4, 2010