how does your child do?

in school? does he/she get a/b/c/ or d?

aangelmommie03

Asked by aangelmommie03 at 1:58 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Our oldest got A's and B's. He was very driven and competitive with his friends in middle school and high school. Our youngest needed more help in school to stay motivated. He didn't care if he had C and D grades mixed in with the A's and B's. He always said, "I passed it, didn't I?" He did well in classes that interested him and just wanted to pass the others. Our oldest wanted to Ace all of his classes. They both went on to college and are happy fulfilled adults.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:03 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• A/B mostly. But this is a new school, and more challenges. So we'll see....
    69humblepie

Answer by 69humblepie at 11:13 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My oldest is a straight A student, has been since preschool. He's one of those kids with a photographic memory, never studies, never brings homework home...just gets it.
    My younger son is more B/C's which is a great thing for him, considering he was struggling up until about 3rd grade. Now he manages to get these grades on his own without help. Where before he was getting mainly D's or F's and with help could pull them to a C. I'm proud of the progress he's made in the past couple years. He has a C in Math right now and told me he decided to go back in to get some extra help after school to pull his grade up. I was impressed that he is taking his own initiative in 6th grade.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 11:36 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My daughter is on the honor roll but my son got held back, we think he has ADHD
    patsymay84

Answer by patsymay84 at 10:05 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• HONOR ROLL SINCE KINDERGARTEN HE'S IN 7TH GRADE NOW
    Inheritingkids

Answer by Inheritingkids at 1:22 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• When my oldest got into middle school his grades dropped. It was the adjustment. Now that my middle son is in middle school he is having problems already. My oldest so far this year has A's and B's. My middle son had B's C's and a couple of F's which he has brought up to a D and C. We are still working on that D. We think it's the adjustment in getting used to middle school.
    iluvmyboys381

Answer by iluvmyboys381 at 10:08 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• my son is in middle school and has been an A student up until now...I think he is having an adjustment issue and he is very shy. We even moved into our new house during the summer to try and avoid moving him into a new school in the middle of a school year but I guess it has to do with the age...
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 2:44 AM on Oct. 11, 2010