Why is my milk supply diminishing in only one breast?

My son is going on 3 months and I've been breastfeeding the whole time. He's had a few bottles of breastmilk and I just either wait to feed him or express in a bathroom somewhere. My left breast is losing milk supply and I'm not sure why. It's about half of what my right one does. My right one seems to be in oversupply! I've tried pumping the left side and feeding more on that side but it still hasn't come back and actually seems to keep decreasing. I have even tried sleeping different ways in case gravity could help! I want to keep breastfeeding for awhile and I know people who've done it one only one side but (as superficial as this sounds) they are kind of lopsided and would rather them not be... any suggestions?

nertoshbaki

Asked by nertoshbaki at 2:35 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well you have covered the basics. I mean, maybe you just need to nurse on that side and pump the other side. Place a warm wash cloth over it as you nurse. Wish you luck.
    PBrooks04

Answer by PBrooks04 at 2:42 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• You may have a mild case of clogged ducts on the less full breast. You can always go to your midwife, lactation consultant, call your local hospital and ask if they have a lactation dept- have an expert take a look and make sure its not something that needs to be addressed.
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 3:05 PM on Oct. 24, 2008