Playgrounds in McD's??

How does everyone feel about the playgrounds in McD's and/or Burger King. I have recently come across a dilemma of whether or not to let my son play in them. Playgrounds at the park are like playing in our backyard, but the ones at the fast food places have recently been getting to me.

USAF_Beasley07

Asked by USAF_Beasley07 at 2:03 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We love them when it is yucky out.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 2:04 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• We don't have one at ours, but I would use it if we did.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 2:05 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• We love them... We take the kids all winter because there is one here that's indoors...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:06 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• ewwww is about all i can say... even the ones at the park are really gross in my honest opinion and i avoid them as much as i can, my kids play other stuff outside in our yard or at the park, catch, kickball, tag, frisbee, pretty much anything to avoid having to go to the playground at the park and all the germs and yuckiness :P lol
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 2:07 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I don't let my kids play in the playgrounds at the restaurants. I think they are gross.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 2:11 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I just make DS take a shower or bath when he gets home.
    no dirtier than your average playground IMO
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:11 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I think most of them are gross. My son has never been in one but I wouldn't be against the idea of letting him play in a smaller one if there weren't a ton of other kids around and the thing at least LOOKED decently cleaned. No ball pits though. God only knows what's in those!! But either way we would be washing hands immediately and bathing as soon as we got home!!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:18 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• they are germ/bacteria fests.....everytime i took my son to one he would get sick even with lots of hand washing and anti bac. Once he got scared and I had to go in to get him....not only was the entire inside of the tubes sticky and greasy but there was half eaten food, used bandaids and all sorts of nasty things in there. They rarely clean them!!!!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:18 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I think having a playground in restaurants is a wonderful idea especially when you want to book a party when the weather is ugly. My daughters birthday is in January so it kinda sucks that she cant have a normal summer pool party but the mcdonald idea is good. Alson because I take my daughter to go eat in the mornings and I can bring my laptop and surf the net while she plays. Good mommy and daughter bonding time!
    dha8718

Answer by dha8718 at 2:19 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I always think about this - have you EVER seen anyone crawling around in there with cleaners. I have not. At least parks get rain and all that. I do not let my kids play in the food playgrounds ever but than I may just be paranoid.
    ChrissyFowler

Answer by ChrissyFowler at 2:32 PM on Oct. 4, 2010