Spot compression and ultrasound on breast?

I just got my results back and they want to do a spot compression and an ultrasound on my right breast. Anyone familiar with these procedures and what was your outcome? Thanks, freaking out a little bit. lol

shanlaree

Asked by shanlaree at 2:03 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Health

• Spot compression is just what it sounds like. They zero in on the spot and smash that area with about 4-5 different view takes to zero in on what they see as a questionable spot on the mammogram. They usually followup on the same day with an Ultrasound on the same area. Mine are benign cysts that appear as Black Holes on the Ultrasound but because the breast tissue is fibrous they appear suspicious on the Mammogram. Depending on the size and where they are located if they are closer to the chest wall it can be uncomfortable getting that spot compression. Just don't stress and go with what they want to do. In most cases it is nothing. Good luck and if you feel like talking more let me know.

emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 9:30 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• By the way, I go through this every year for the last 25 years.
    emerald53197

• Thank you so much for answering my question. It is nice to hear from someone that has gone through this:)
    shanlaree

Comment by shanlaree (original poster) at 1:06 PM on Oct. 5, 2010