WHY DO HUSBANDS MESS UP ROUTINES WHEN THEY STAY HOME?

My husband, who never complained about anything when he came home from work, is now on vacation for a week and is bumming my routine. All of a sudden, in his eyes, I can't do anything right. I want a vacation away from him.

ladylovemm

Asked by ladylovemm at 2:19 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• Take one. Let him watch the kids for a day and you go do what you want. Then complain about how little he did while you were gone.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 2:21 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• ugh, i know the feeling... and to make it worse my dh is probably gonna start working from home in about a month... i'm honestly dreading it :P i would just get a job or start taking classes or something but he's gonna be actually "working" so i can't expect him to be watching our 18mo ds either, kwim? ugh...
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 2:22 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I hear ya! my husband gets laid off for 6 weeks every summer and it is so hard to put up with him during those weeks he is home.
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 2:23 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• The best way to respond to people nit-picking you, I find, is to not respond at all. Just go about your routine the way you normally do and ignore the negative comments. It's his problem, not yours, if he has a problem with the way you do things. You can politely tell him that this is what works for you and if he doesn't like it he can do it his way. Don't let yourself get drawn into arguments. This could be an immature way to try to get your attention.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 2:25 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Here's something I've learned over the years.. lol It maybe the case with your husband (and other husbands here) it may not. But here's what I've learned ove tthe past 25 years about mine.. LOL

He doesn't know what to do with himself when he's home... That's it.. Especially when our son was little and we had very set daily routines. He didn't know what to do with himself. He was bored, or he felt left out, or he just flat out didn't know what to do.. LOL So he was annoying, much like a bored child..hahaha. But yeah, that's why he got in my way, complained, wanted to "Help" (bwwhahahahahaha.. get in the way is more like it), etc.

If your husband is used to being gone all day long. Coming home once many things have been done/taken care of ..etc.. Being there during the hub-bub, is definitely new terroritory and uneasy territory.. How do most mean deal with this. By trying to exert themselves into that territory. LOL
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:27 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Thats because they dont know how to do anything right...so instead of admitting it they say we are the ones screwing up...trust me my husband does it to me all the time...according to him i dont put our son down for a nap right...WTF?
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:28 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Im lucky, for the most part the only thing my hubby messes up is bedtime, or messed up, was bed time. But since John started school he doesnt. Bedtime use to be whenever he felt like putting him down, but then again in his old job he never got to see our son either, so I didn't complain until right before school started.

Hubby is really good at following my rules I lay down for John now... & the things I do when I do them. He even helps out when hes not sleeping..(he works nights ya'll so he sleeps durning the days.)

He doesn't always like how I do things, but he knows if he bitches too much he'll be dealing with our son durning the day & trying to get everythign I do done, plus play with our son, play with the dogs, clean the house, ect....
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 2:41 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I second what pixie_trix said. That pretty much sums up what my well-meaning husband is like.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 3:13 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• try to go about your routine normally . believe me hubby interupt me to but i am lucky he goes outside alot to so that helps
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 3:20 PM on Oct. 4, 2010