Those with ADHD children in public school and a short bus or van.

I have a son who has ADHD. It is very severe. He is required ot ride the bus due to lack of transportation. We have had so many issues with the bus so far this year, and it has only just started. For those of you with children who have ADHD, what does it take to get my child on a short bus? You know the buses they have for special needs children?

allurasmamma

Asked by allurasmamma at 2:22 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would say call the school and ask... Beyond that I don't know. Our school doesn't have "short buses" just normal ones...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:23 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Thank you.
    allurasmamma

Comment by allurasmamma (original poster) at 2:35 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• call and ask. my kids have a lot of trouble and i am worried that we are going to have trouble with it again.
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 3:19 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• call and ask the school.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 5:53 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Why would ADHD cause a child to require special transportation?
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 7:48 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• In many school districts they are integrating special needs with regular transportation. It is not something that you can choose to put your kids on. It has to be requested and determined by the school to be needed. They can fit many students on a long bus which is more cost effective. They try to save the shorter buses for those that must use them. Those that need the wheelchair lifts.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:40 AM on Oct. 5, 2010