What Do You Teach Your Kids

about fighting back? Do they take a punch, tell teacher, or defend themselves???

mekarevell

Asked by mekarevell at 2:23 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• i tell my kids that if anyone ever touches them in a bad way punch, slap, or worst they have my OK to kick ass...and if they get into any problems at school or whatever i will speak for them...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 1:37 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I teach her she is NEVER to start a fight but if someone attacks her, I don't want her just standing there taking it. If there is a teacher ora parent around, she has to report it. If there are no adults in her sight, fight back!
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 2:37 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I teach my children not to start the fight, but if they are attacked, or they are standing up for someone else who is being attacked - WIN!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:27 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I do not want my kids to start fights, but I think that if someone puts hits them, to hit them back.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 2:36 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My son has been taught to go tell the teacher first, the second & the third time, if after that nothing is done then he has a right to stand up for his self.....
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 2:30 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Depends on the situation...all three are acceptable outcomes based on the preceeding events.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:38 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• We taught our kids not to fight. That being said, there may be some fights they can't get out of. We taught them both to be able to defend themselves if need be. We told ours to go to the teacher or some other adult first.
    akamomof275847

Answer by akamomof275847 at 2:39 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I don't want my daughter to be picked on, so I told her if she's not around a teacher, defend herself and then go explain what happened. Kids that cry and run away to tattle are just asking to be picked on IMO.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:13 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Never ever ever throw the first punch, but if someone hits you, make sure you throw the last one!
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 5:53 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I've taught my kids that at school, it is better to go to an adult than hit back, because if they hit back then they will just get in trouble too.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:37 PM on Oct. 4, 2010