How does a debit card attached to your paypal account work?

fairyinabubble

Asked by fairyinabubble at 2:24 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Money & Work

• When you attach a debit card to your paypal account it gives you the opportunity to transfer money to and from that account and into your paypal account. Also, when you make a purchase and pay for it through paypal, if you do not have enough funds in your paypal account it will take it from your debit card. Hope this helps.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 2:31 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• When purchasing a product you select "paypal" as the way to pay. It takes you to paypal "log on" screen and you just log on and confirm it. And your credit card is charged like it would be if you purchased that same product at a store. Hope that helps!

mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 2:33 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• The previous responce just talks about paying with paypal, but not about a paypal debit card. When you have a paypal account you have the opportunity to get a paypal debit card. It gives you instant access to the funds in your paypal account, so as a seller this is an awesome thing. If you have $100 in your paypal account and want $40, rather than waiting the few days for it to transfer into your checking account you can go to the ATM, use your paypal debit and instantly get that money.....or you can use it in any store that accepts cards. It's a very nice thing, plus....at least on mine, when I use it I get cash back, it usualy only equates to a few cents, but it's still a nice feature.

I've had a paypal debit card for years and it's so nice to earn money on ebay and go grocery shopping or holiday shopping or whatever instantly with those funds!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:11 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Now if you also mean just attaching a debit for making purchases you add a debit or credit card to the account, so if you don't have funds in your paypal but wish to buy you can have the funds taken from your checking, debit or credit on file. I have two different cards plus a checking account attached to my paypal, so if I don't have enough funds to make a purchase on ebay or another site that takes paypal (like walmart) I can choose what source to have paypal take the money from.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:13 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• PayPal would take the money directly out of your checking account, using the debit card and info you gave them, and then pay whoever you are making a perchase from.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:31 PM on Oct. 5, 2010