Would you say something about this?

Okay I hate when I see people not dress their children properly for the weather, it drives me nuts especially when the parent is dressed for the weather. I saw a lady today who was dressed with long sleeve and pant and I see her get her baby out of the car with what look like long sleeve dress and a pamper she had no thing on her legs and wasn't even trying to cover her up with a blanket. I know it is not freezing out yet but 50 degrees and windy to me says cover you baby up. There have been other times where the child was in short and tank top and it was cold. I am not big on confrontation but I would love to ask them wtf were you thinking. Have any of you done anything such as that?

Jenlos

Asked by Jenlos at 2:43 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in General Parenting

• no, they arent your kids. dont put your nose places where it doesnt belong.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't say anything directly, but if I'm with someone like my adult daughter and we walk past the woman with the baby, I might say loud enough for the mother to hear, "Gee, that baby must be cold, look at her bare little legs." I've actually done something like this and had the mother wrap a blanket around the baby after hearing. I figured she'd whized out of the house without thinking how the baby was dressed or something. Didn't want to get in a big confrontation...
    Anonymous

• I'd say mind your own business.
    Anonymous

• Yes I know blah blah blah mind my own business. I just ask to see if any of you have either said something or at least wanted to when you see something like that.
    Jenlos

Answer by Jenlos at 2:56 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I'm prolly one of those moms........LOL. Truth be told though, my son gets VERY warm very fast. In 50 degrees, with sweatshirt, jacket and pants he's usually sweating. Which is also not very good. If it's super cold, I make him wear his coat, but if it's 50, then I let it go because I don't want him to over heat. Just remember, all children are different. In 50 degrees, I'm all bundled up like it's 30 below while my son is running around in short sleeves and pants.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 3:05 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• thats so funny that you ask cause usually i am over prepared for our son but last night we went to dinner and jared soaked through his pants so he was naked half the way down and i am sure people were thinking the same thing. but when we took him out of the place we covered him up with my sweatshirt and all the way home...i was suprised that i didnt have anything but most of time he is more dressed for the weather than i am.
    ldylancer03

Answer by ldylancer03 at 3:13 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I'm always more dressed than my kids. Keep in mind, espically if going to day care, it is comfortable inside but may be cold outside. I usually dress my kid for the temperature inside -- where she will spend most of the day. Personally, my office is freezing so I'm always in pants and usually a dress coat. But that baby is usually in shorts and t-shirts (or pants and t-shirts now that it's chilly but we are in FL!).
    Anonymous

• I will never say anything unless if is absurdly cold or the child is obviously distressed by it. I generally overpack as well and overdress. My daughter gets really hot really fast. She sweats in a light sleeper and no blanket when we are covered with thick bedspreads. Most of the time, however, I just let it go. And when I do say something I will do like someone else posted, make a comment to someone else that will carry to the parent of the baby.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:13 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Only if you're ready to deal with the target of your 'help' "helping" you with some interpersonal skills with a form of mind your business or other less friendly versions of did I ask you for your opinion. It kind of assumes the adult in charge is being deliberately neglectful or ignorant. Whether the whether switched, whether she was going somewhere indoors and got caught out, whether her daughter dropped off the kid with only that outfit on, whether baby had a blow out and this was the only other thing in the diaper bag... there are too many other potential circumstances to go up and confront someone. Especially as a perfect stranger. You never know when the person you confront might be one with an anger problem.
    Kestrel1

Answer by Kestrel1 at 4:18 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I defenetly overdress my kids. They were both preterm and even though Cece is 18 months she still seems to get sick easy. So i always think that it's odd to see a child not dressed like mine...but i don't say anything...
    nicolerae23

Answer by nicolerae23 at 4:30 PM on Oct. 24, 2008