Question for SAHMs..

QUESTION IS FOR FAMILIES UNDER FINANCIAL STRAIN DUE TO RECESSION!!!!NOT INTENDED FOR FAMILIES THAT AREN'T AFFECTED BY THE RECESSION, PLEASE!

Due to the nation's economic status, IF YOUR FAMILY IS SIGNIFICANTLY AFFECTED BY THE RECESSION do you feel more pressure to get a job? ...even if it's work from home? If so, does your husband pressure you to get a job or do you feel that it is something that YOU have to do to make ends meet?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Money & Work

• Yes....I felt a bit guilty about not providing fanancially...but I became proactive and started selling homemade jewelry and crafts on Ebay!

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 1:47 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• no, he doesnt pressure me into anything. He wants me to be a SAHM thats MY job, and to him HIS job is working and providing for the family.
    Anonymous

• I do want a job but my husband is a truck driver and I have 3 children and the daycare expense would exceed my paycheck so I have thought of watching a couple of children in my home. He doesn't pressure me to bring money into the house he likes knowing that he doesnt have to worry about the kids.
    Jenlos

Answer by Jenlos at 2:53 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Mine just got a second job so I can still stay home with our daughter. He does not pressure me at all, but I pressure myself, like, why am I at home all day while he is working so much, just to make ends meet? We are affected by the rescession because he works in construction. And there is not much of that going on!
    smzuzu

Answer by smzuzu at 2:53 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• My husband does not pressure me at all, he actually wants me to stay at home with the kids, I feel that if I could just get a little something that I can do from home to bring in some extra money that it would be great and such a help to my poor husband who works his butt off to help us.
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 2:53 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• NO, and mine would NOT want me to get a job. Getting a job would mean we would, most likely, have to pay for childcare. After the expenses of childcare and having to pay for the gas to get to work everyday would mean I would only be able to bring in $50-60 dollars a week. (we've looked into it a few times over the last 7 years)

My DH, rather take a second job for the $50-60 dollars then have me work 40 hours a week for an employer.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 3:00 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• ^^^ what about work from home jobs or baby-sitting?
    Anonymous

• I also homeschool the kids; so baby-sitting and work from home...would be a little bit hard to do... :)
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 3:49 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• ^^^ not on weekends!!!... :-)
    Anonymous

• Everyone is affected by the recession, just in different ways. Even the wealthy have concerns about loosing their money....but to answer your questions, my husband does not pressure me, as a stay home mom, because of these times, we both feel we have to do what it takes to survive and make the best out of what we have and look for avenues to make other incomes. If you you would like to help out by bringin in some money, perhaps you would like to consider a home business NOT job...a job at home will only earn you peanuts...as you will see from other posts, but a business will create you wealth...residual income to be specific in my line of business. Email me if you would like more information or visit my profile page. Good luck.
    BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 5:03 PM on Oct. 24, 2008