What is the best way to deal with postpartum depression?

CarolBeazeman

Asked by CarolBeazeman at 2:41 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• breastfeed and baby wear
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 2:48 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• talk to your doctor, get help from family or friends so that you can rest when you need it
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 2:56 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• With my 1st two I had no mommy blues, but with my 3rd I would cry at Everything... The World Was Ending.... I finally went to my doctor and she put me on Zoloft. In about 2-3 wks I felt like my old self... The dose was so low I felt comfortable nursing too. Check it out with your doctor. You have Nothing to loose and everything / peace of mind to Gain!
    emily1230

Answer by emily1230 at 3:01 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Yes, talk to your doctor and get help from family or friends!! Have a loved one let your closest friends/family know so they can help. I was prescribed Zoloft, which worked but made my stomach really really really sick... my son also had lots of issues which played into the depression, and once they had to switch him to hypoallergenic formula, they gave me prozac. I prayed everyday and also made an effort to get out of the house (going on a walk, etc). I also have a friend who was prescribed Effexor.
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 8:04 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• A good counselor. Breastfeeding, baby wearing, rallying support.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:08 AM on Oct. 5, 2010