How to deal with my idiot sister

She has ruined all 3 of her marriages by being a liar, she has left her son for over 2 years now and never calls him or sends him a letter. She is a compulsive liar. Now she is emailing me saying the end of the marriage she's in now is my fault. Her current dh emailed me asking if some things she said to him were true and I told hime no and let him in on how crazy she is. Now she is running her mouth "via the internet" and saying really horrible things about me on facebook. I have done nothing but try to help her until she left her son. I have helped my mother take care of that little boy and I'm FURIOUS that she's start crap with me. How can I get her to stop playing the victim and leave me alone?

josiesmommy00

Asked by josiesmommy00 at 2:45 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• The only thing you can do is ignore her. She is, obviously, extremely unhappy right now and not at a good place in her life. And misery loves company. She just wants you to react to her, give her attention. She is acting like a child. SHe cant take responibility for herself.
    IMO you need to delete her and completely ignore her for a while. If someone brings her up (or something she said), just be polite and say "She isnt involved in my life right now, and I dont want to talk about her." She may start talking crap about you to people you know, to get them to talk to about her, and she will know she can still get to you.
    Good luck!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 3:26 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• maybe just delete her and ignore her. People shes venting to will know her real personality and see the truth. I would try to delete her and her craziness from my life in every way possible!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:46 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• i did but now i gotta figure out how to block her from my personal email acount.....last time she did this she lied to my dh and told him i was cheating on him with an ex who i hadn't seen in over 8 years..she's psycho
    josiesmommy00

Comment by josiesmommy00 (original poster) at 2:48 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Hopefully your husband sees her for what she is. I would stay out of her life, and just ignore her if she tries to infringe on your life. Normally I try to work things out with family, but there have been a couple of people I just walked away from. Family should enhance our lives, not cause constant conflict. All families have occasional issues, but your sister sounds out of control.

I have to say that I would stay out of things if her husband comes to you I'd say, I wish I could tell you things, but she is my sister, so I need to stay out of this.
    \Good Luck!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:54 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• It is a shame to hear siblings doing this to each other. I am sorry you are going through this, coming from a family member.

Answer by older at 3:40 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• You should probably keep your distance from her. And it sounds like BOTH of you need to stop talking to the others husbands.

I know you are mad at your sis, but it probably was not appropriate for YOU to tell HER husband anything about her past. IMO you should have told him to talk to her about it. Or talked to her to say that he asked you and if you thought she should tell him. I don't think it was your place to tell him anything that you know would hurt your sis.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 3:51 PM on Oct. 4, 2010