How do you make a small paycheck S-T-R-E-T-C-H??

What are some things that I can do to spend less, save money and make the most out of my small paycheck?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Money & Work

• reuse and recycly. be frugle. it's amazing that people in the olden days lived so well and debt free with almost no money!
    AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 3:20 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I was just gonna ask this question!
    smzuzu

Answer by smzuzu at 2:50 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• For saving on food, check out Angel Food Ministries. You can go to http://www.angelfoodministries.com to find out if there is a host site in your area, and to see this month's menu. They have a different menu each month, this month's main menu has things like Steak, Chicken Breasts, Smoked Sausage, Green Beans, Peanut Butter, and more, for $30! Also this month there is a Thanksgiving dinner box, also priced at $30. The menu items are designed for a family of 4, but you can purchase as many packages as you want. Also, they have add ons that you can get, as long as you order one of the main packages. These include things like a Fruit and Veggies Box for $21.00, or a 7 lb. Grill Box for $21.00 Definitely check it out!!!

dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 2:51 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• coupons, buying what you need, try to do all the traveling/erands in one trip it'll save gas, walk where you can, and budgeting. Planning weekly meals for me doesnt work for me and my family i found that i spend more money that way, but you can try it and see what happens it might work for you, turning things off when they dont need to be on and unplugging things that dont need to be plugged in all day, washing in cold water. thats all i can think of for now.
    Keolalani

Answer by Keolalani at 2:54 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• freecycle, coupons, second hand stores, menu planning. (A whole chicken ($6) can make 3 meals for 4-6 people when done "right" LOL); Making cleaners when possible: water, vinegar, salt and bleach can be used as cleaners. For example: Do you know what is in clorox anytime spray? Well I can tell you a spray bottle with a few drops of bleach...is just as good as clorox anytime spray! An empty spray bottle that can be reused can be bought for $1-2. Generic bleach can be bought for $1-2 a gallon. Seeing you only need a few drops of bleach in a spray bottle with water it be made for pennies!!!!! The bottle is reuseable, and the bleach will last for months!!!! It's things like that.....

SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 4:57 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• ^^^ Please stop spamming and advertising!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

• I know I HATE when people come on questions like this and advertise. Its like if I wanted ideas for a second job I would ask that. I have had people do that on my post and it makes me mad. Anyway. What I do is buy stuff that I know I can get more than one meal out of. Like buy hamburger patties and make hamburgers, and with the leftover hamburger patties I will break them up and make a hamburger helper. Or I make allot of homemade pizzas cause its allot cheaper, so with the left over pizza we have lunch the next day or dinner the next night. And when I can I buy the store brand stuff instead of the name brand.
    Jasmine0530

Answer by Jasmine0530 at 7:56 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• And also you can do simple meals to cut cost. MAc&chesse and Hot dogs one night. Depending on how many people you are feeding 8hotdogs and a box of M&C is like under 5 dollars for at least 4 people. Try not to eat out either, cause that it self gets to be a lot of money. Another thing I do is plan out every meal so that I am buying only what I need.
    Jasmine0530

• Buy household goods at a dollar store. I buy everything from toilet paper, paper towels, household cleaning supplies, trash bags, shampoo, deoderant, soap, and even some foods there. See if there is a dollar tree or similar store in your area. Take advantage of your local food pantries and apply for food stamps. Try to ask around and see if there is a discount food store in your area. I drive twenty minutes from my town to go grocery shopping. Spending the ten dollars in gas saves me about sixty dollars or so each week. Also when shopping buy the store brands of things. This saves a few cents on each item. If you have a big family then try to buy in bulk.
    jlemaycox

Answer by jlemaycox at 8:56 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• i love the angel food ministries post... it's really a great deal. also, cutting back on laundry detergent, you can usually use 1/2 of what they say to use, when the bottle is empty, fill with water, get a few more loads, always have full loads of laundry, turn your thermostat low in winter, higher in summer, TURN LIGHTS OFF when not in use, turn appliances OFF or unplug completely. Use consignment stores, both to buy clothing and recycle clothing, adult and kids. Pay bills online, save stamps. Shop generic brands.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 9:34 PM on Oct. 24, 2008