Pregnancy walking. (pace or distance?)

i've walked daily my whole pregnancy. But my due date is coming up soon and I was wondering if I needed to focus more on a fast pace or distance and amount of time i'm walking? Which is going to help me more?

LovesHerKiddos

Asked by LovesHerKiddos at 2:46 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Neither are critical. Just keep up your routine unless it starts to feel like you are straining yourself, if so then cut back a little.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:48 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Listen to your body, if you are having contractions while walking and you aren't full tern yet then cut back. Intensifying your workout is only going to wear you out.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:50 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• i know for me I can walk without cramping for a long time as long as I don't go too fast... I focus more on distance and just walk as quickly as I can without getting cramps
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 2:55 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• keeping a steady pace and not overworking yourself is best. try not to overwork your body and don't let your heart rate go up too much. if you're going at a slower, more comfortable pace you can go for as long as you feel is necessary. but if you go faster AND longer distances, you'll just wear yourself out and overwork your heart. it's best to keep your heart rate normal so your blood pressure doesn't go up too much
    kconnolly90

Answer by kconnolly90 at 5:39 PM on Oct. 4, 2010