Have you seen this video? Muslims Praying in Streets of France?

What a shock and eye opener? Will it come to the USA? I hope this video comes on properly. htpp://downloads.cbn/cbnnewsplayer/cbnplayer.swf?aid=17933 A video of Muslims praying in the streets of France cutting off traffic. They have no place large enough to pray, and the police are not able to stop them. People can not protest, or get into their own homes while they pray. I can't believe in the USA people would be able to contain themselves and not have some kind of protest.

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 2:56 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Stacy, how many people could die in those 15 minutes if an ambulance couldn't get through because of their prayers? How many people end up late for work or can't get home for an extra 15 minutes (and WHY should they have to leave early or get home late so someone can pray)?

Blocking a street, private entrances, business entrances, etc. are not only code violations, but safety violations, and a complete abandonment of good manners. Kicking out local police just makes the whole mess worse.

What they are doing goes far beyond praying OR peaceful protests ... they are endangering other citizens, flaunting the law, and being a huge pain in the butt ... and if someone mentions that icky little truth they turn around and scream/shoot/explode because someone is disrespecting Allah.

Or ... maybe they all just grew up beaten, abused, and in homes with no manners eating each others' brains ...
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 9:39 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Muslims in France are openly protesting the Burka/Hijab Ban that the French parliment passed.

If my government passed a law that banned part of my religious practice. I would be out protesting just like they are.

Something like this would most likely never happen in the US. Why? Because we have freedoms and rights that most other countries do not have, or have their own variation of.. The US government most likely would never pass something like a Burkha/Hijab ban here in the US.. If they did. Even though I myself am not a Muslim. I would protest the passing of such a law in this country right along side my Muslim brothers & sisters in this country.

Wouldn't Christians protest if a law was passed banning the wearing of the Christian Cross? Or any other symbol of their religious faith and devotion? Same for any other religion, if a law was passed banning an article of their faith, wouldn't they protest it.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:17 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I have seen this video, and it's highly disturbing. I am in full support of freedom of religion, but if something like that happens here, then what? At what point does freedom of religion trump freedom of entering one's home or freedom of being able to get to work on time? Can we say, of course you can pray and you can pray in public -- you just can't pray in the middle of the road where you will disrupt traffic?

It's something we need to consider very seriously.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 3:09 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• They have every right to protest pixie...they DONT have the right to cause out right havoc in the streets!! ANd YES if they tried to ban the Christian Cross, or the Jewish star OR the Muslim burka would think there SHOULD be protests...in the RIGHT PLACE! Doesnt really help your cause to piss off the very people you would like to get support from!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 3:30 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Fine, then, it's passive aggression. But it's still aggression. They are intentionally using prayer as an excuse to block the road and disrupt the lives of everyone who needs to use that road during that time frame. They are holding that area hostage and using their religious freedom as a shield. It's wrong. You said yourself that they are doing it to protest the new laws. This is not about them praying because they are feeling spiritual. They are being outwardly devout to achieve a political goal. That's aggression. Sure, no one is being physically hurt by it, so you see it as peaceful, but it's still aggression.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 6:00 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/2010/August/Islamization-of-Paris-a-Warning-to-the-West/

a little googling and here's your link

clicky

lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:02 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• "The Muslims taking over those streets do not have any authorization.
    ..................................................................
    people need to see this video that are for the Muslim church in New York. They do take over that is the problem, No one has a problem with you praying in your home or church, But there is something very wrong when they stop traffic!!
    Trust us the Christians religion have been on attack for years. Every Christmas they try to stop you from saying Merry Christmas they want you to say Happy holiday. Christ is the reason for the season! so I will always say Merry Christmas.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 3:37 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Trust us the Christians religion have been on attack for years.

Yeah, you're so oppressed. You are in constant fear of being fired or having your kids beaten to a pulp over their religion every day. I hear just last week we went around and gathered up all the Christians and put them in a camp somewhere...

eye rolling

It's  a shame when people use the word "attack" when they really mean "people have the nerve to believe differently".

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:43 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Really??
    Equating pepole saying "Happy Holidays" to a part of your religious practice being banned by law.

Those two are nowhere near the same realm.

Merry Christmas is not banned by law. People can say it all they want to. If the complaint is that businesses choose "Happy Holidays" over "Merry Christmas".. The reality is this.. Christmas is not celebrated by everyone and there are other holidays that are going on during the same season. So businesses choose "Happy Holidays" to be inclusive of all patrons, not exclusive.

If the government passed a law banning the words "Merry Christmas"..Even though I am not a Christian. I would stand in protest with my Christian brothers and sisters in this country. Because no law should be passed in THIS country banning such a thing based on religion.. However. I will not justify exclusion of other holidays during the season, they have as much right to be recognized as Christmas.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:03 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Did I seriously get a downvote for saying the link doesn't work?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:07 PM on Oct. 4, 2010