What time do you put your kids to bed? Do they have a routine?

Our son is 6 and we put him to bed at 8. He has dinner, takes a bath, puts on pjs, brushes his teeth, and prays... asleep at 8. We have had several people tell us how ridiculous that is (including my parents)... I thought it was reasonable. Oh, and it doesn't matter when he goes to bed he is up by 7 am. What are your thoughts?

brysonsmommie84

Asked by brysonsmommie84 at 2:57 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• My daughter is two and her bedtime is at 8 o'clock every night. Unless it's the weekend then it's anytime before 10 o'clock at night.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 2:59 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My son is 11 years old and he has to go to bed at 9:30. He gets up at 6:00 a.m. Yet, he's always up at 5:30 a.m......LOL
    gogogirl79

Answer by gogogirl79 at 2:59 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My daughters are 5 & 3 and they go to bed at 8. We all get home from work & daycare at 3:30.. they do homework.. play for a bit.. have dinner.. take baths.. brush teeth.. go to bed.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:59 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Sounds like a good routine to me! Routines are different for everyone bc every child is different and has different needs. My children have about the same routine and go to bed at 8:30. When they start school, it will probably be earlier, though.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 3:00 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Usually between 8:30 and 9pm. Our daughter is 16 months. Bedtime routine is bath, brush teeth, read a story, a snack and some milk, then hugs and kisses and bed!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 3:01 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Sounds good to me....here is my sons schedule...and by the way he is 16 months...
    Wake up at 730-800
    Breakfeast within 20 min of waking up (time depends on what he is having)
    Play time untill lunch at 12
    then its naptime at 1230-100 depending on what was for lunch
    Usualy wakes up around 2-3 then he gets his snack
    Play outside for about an hour then back inside to play
    Dinner around 600-630
    Bath after dinner then into PJ's
    Play time with daddy to tucker him out a little more
    Then its bed time at 800
    The only time he stays up later then 8 is if i got a late start on dinner or we are out of the house. But that dosnt happen often
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 3:02 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Our girls are 5 and 2.5 dinner is at 530 then bath at 7, get dressed, snack, brush teeth, story time at 745 in bed at 8. The girls have their own room so the 2.5 year old goes to bed right at 8, but my 5 year old goes to bed at 8 and watches tv in her room until 830 and then the lights and tv go off for school in the morning
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 3:03 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I don't think it's ridiculous.

My daughters 7 months and she doesn't really have a routine, she has dinner a little after her 2nd nap, then gets changed into her bed clothes, and goes to bed around 8-9. I bath with every other day in the morning after she's nursed after she's woken up.
    Melissa15

Answer by Melissa15 at 3:03 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• All 3 of my kids are in bed at 8 - they are 4,2 AND 4 mos. I have to have a routine - husband works at night i"m on my own. dinner, treat, tub, teeth, story and bed Its a crazy 2 hours but worth the quiet I get before I pass out!
    beachgirl7970

Answer by beachgirl7970 at 3:04 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• You have to have a Routines to keep you from getting stressed. Kids that are on a routine do much better in school and will respect the parent, because you do what say.

My kids went to bed after bath at 7:30 till junior high than it was 8:30, than in high school was 9:30 to 10:00.

What I have seen is parents without a routine the kids are brats and are always winning and tired.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 3:10 PM on Oct. 4, 2010