How do I get over going back to work

I'm a kindergarten teacher leaving my 3 kids at home. Yes nice job to have if I have to work...but i"ll always miss those important moments like first day of school - can't call out on that day!

beachgirl7970

Asked by beachgirl7970 at 3:02 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• well, you are providing for them now and in the future...and you get summers off!!
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:05 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• You have a great job that will help with your children sometimes we (us parents) have to do what we have to do.
    I hate going to work on most days but I have a great job also and I know at the end of the day my children have what they need and they no that they are loved very,very,very much.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:06 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Yes, you will miss out but if you got to work to provide for them you shouldn't feel guilty about it, just be thankful you can.

Answer by older at 3:07 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My kids are now in their erly 20's college student and beyond. I doubt they remember who changed their diapers or fed them lunch 3 times a week, but I do no know they remember and appreciate all the opportunities (sports camps, private schools, foreign travel and study and fully funded college tuition) they have had because of having 2 working, career parents. My kids have only benefited from my working PT hours. You are a great role model for your kids.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 3:13 PM on Oct. 4, 2010