How old is old enough to date?

martinmommy26

Asked by martinmommy26 at 3:09 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Depends I suppose.. On what you & your DH agree on..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:10 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My 13 yrs old SS date but the only thing that is allowed is movies and a parent has to be there. That is what my hubby and I agree on.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:11 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• 16 to car date IMO
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:12 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I would say 16... my parents told me 18 but I was sneaking behind their back at 16. But my parents and I never have had an open relationship and I don't want my daughter going behind my back so we will let her date at 16.
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 3:13 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Depends on the maturity level of the individual. I had a boyfriend at 14 but it was mostly just hanging out with a group of friends. I'd say 16 for single dates, 14 for group dates.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 3:14 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I agree that it depends on their maturity. Our base age was 16, but then the rule is that if you want adult privileges, you have to be showing adult responsibility. Your school work is getting done, your chores, and your attitude shows maturity.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 3:34 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• They would have to be 16, at this age either an adult would have to go along or a group date. They could not leave the group/adult dating until either 17/18. No matter what they would have a curfew, if they were not home by that time then there would be consequences, such as not allowing them to see the person for a month. If they continued to disrepect the curfew either add time to their punishment or something else that is worse, to them. Such as take away use of the car. I hope this helps.
    akamomof275847

Answer by akamomof275847 at 3:36 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• 30 or 35....lol i don't want my kids to date they still my babies...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 3:37 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Depends on the teen. Their maturity, their responsibility, their grades (if they're failing in school they don't need a relationship) etc...
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 3:40 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• 16 as a minimum, then we decide based on prior behavior, maturiy level, etc.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 10:09 PM on Oct. 4, 2010