why is she waking up for no reson

my 5 week old dd has been waking up at 2:30am ever night for the past week and half i dont but her down till 12:30 -1 deepens on long it takes to feed her that last feeding but she keeps waking up at 2:30 and she not huger no dirty dipper and it takes like 20-30min to get her back to sleep now this is very annoying considering i just put her down 2hr ago and just got 2 sleep myself any advise on why she is doing this or how to stop her from doing it i meant it be different if there was a reason for her to be waking

Paigesmommy78

Asked by Paigesmommy78 at 3:11 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds like maybe a growth spurt. This is a good opportunity to let her self sooth herself back to sleep if she's not crying or hungry or dirty.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 3:13 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• She's a newborn! That's just going to take some time. I am assuming you have tried to feed her and that is why you know she isn't hungry? She could be having a growth spurt or just needs to know you are close. All four of my kids went through periods where they would wake and take a while to calm back down. It will pass! Enjoy the moments with her.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 3:13 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• She probably just wants to be held. I wish we could go back in time so that I would appreciate all those times in the middle of the night, holding and rocking my daughter! Enjoy it while you can, they don't stay small for long!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 3:13 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• She's waking up because she's a newborn. They change up that sleep pattern friequently... all through the frist year.
    Anonymous

• She's a baby. Babies do not have sleep patterns like adults do. The VAST majority of babies wake for a variety of reasons including growth spurts, new milestones, teething, too hot too cold, hungry, peeing/pooping, or just plain old needing hugs and cuddles (affection is a need just as much as food). There is nothing wrong or bad about a baby who doesn't sleep long stretches of time especially at that age. It's nothing you've done.

Enjoy these moments. Trust me. A year from now you won't remember the sleep you missed but you WILL regret any cuddle opportunity you took for granted and every moment you wished away.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 5:12 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• It's normal for children at night to wake until they are 3. If they are alone they cry out because they are afraid that they are in danger. It is hard wired in the human brain. Breastfed babie would be hungry after 2-3 hours.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:20 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• This is normal. :)
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 6:28 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• A five week old who slept for two hours? You scored! Baby does have a reason for waking like this, she just can't tell you exactly what it is. Babies need to be close to mom 24/7, they are hard wired to do that. You are lucky she will go for 2 hrs at a stretch!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 7:35 PM on Oct. 4, 2010