im curious to why people think they cant lay on their stomachs during pregnancy?

Im 6 months and thats comfortable to me, my doc said its fine. i know its fine, a lot of women sleep on their bellies. Why do some women get so upset about it and say NO! DONT DO IT... etc...

what legit reasons do you have to not sleep on your belly??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My doctor (both of them since i had different doctors for different pregnancies) told me absolutely no way do I lay flat on my back of lay on my tummy. Its the pressure that your putting on your child or something IDK I was just told don't do it
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 2:56 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I guess most women think that they will crush the baby
    Anonymous

• i wonder the same thing i see all these posts as to when they should stop. and i have even heard that they shouldnt lay on their backs Do what you thing is comfortable. Thats the way i see it.
    Anonymous

• i would LOVE to know that too..
    i hear sooo much that u shouldnt...
    i usually sleep on my tummy then wake up on my left side...weird
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 2:57 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Because when I hit 5 months it hurt. I think that is a good enough reason.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 2:58 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• well of course, if it hurts you dont do it, but if its comfortable for you then there is no problem with it.
    Anonymous

• And the lying on your back thing is because all of your organs are behind the baby and if you lie on your back it's supposed to put pressure on them. I wake up on my back so it must be ok. Lol.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 2:59 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Its not about "crushing" the baby. its about putting pressure on it. i dont know how big your belly is at 6months. but try it again in 3 months. then you will figure it out. hehe. it wont be comfy anymore ;)

i was laying half on my belly, half on my side... that was ok. because that the only way i can sleep for some reason. but straight flat on the belly wasnt comfy at all and it hurt and my baby didnt like it either, she was kicking the living hell out of me when i was laying on my belly
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:00 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I suppose it's prolly not the best thing for the baby, but who knows for sure. What I do know is try laying on a bowling ball all night............not very comfy. LOL
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 3:01 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• yeah and laying on the back can make you pass out. because like MarlyeGirl said all your organs are behind the baby. it will put pressure on them, which will mess up the blood circulation.
    of course that wont happen in the first months or untl your child gets like really big... but you can pass out laying on your back for too long with the baby having pressure on your organs
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:02 PM on Oct. 24, 2008