Potty training help!!

My daughter has been potty training for about 3 weeks now. The first 2 weeks she was in panties...doing excellent...no accidents for the most part and I thought we were in the clear with it. Now week 3 all the sudden she starts having accidents left and right...and now it is like every time she goes it in her panties! UGH! She is going backwards and I have no idea why. She is 3 1/2 and understands everything. She even says "I'm sorry mommy" every time she has the accidents. Nothing in our lives have changed at all. Anyone expience this? What in the heck do I do??

kristinashley24

Asked by kristinashley24 at 3:13 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My daughter did this, too. Do you have a younger sibling in the house? My 2.5 year old was completely potty trained and in panties for a few weeks and started doing this and throwing a fit to be put in a diaper. I think she feels like she's not mommies "baby" anymore if she doesn't wear diapers so I try my best to give her lots of attention and let her know how proud I am of mommy's big girl.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 3:15 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Yes we have a son who will be 2 in December! UGH! Really!? I try my hardest to spend equal time with both. I tell her she is my baby and she fusses at me and says no that she is a big girl. HHHHmmmm.....
    kristinashley24

Comment by kristinashley24 (original poster) at 3:30 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Lol, yes they sure do know how to press buttons, don't they? lol
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 3:37 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• It happens. My boys are almost 4. They've been trained for a few months now but every now and then they'll have a day with accidents rather than using the potty. I think sometimes they get so into their play. This too shall pass.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 3:58 PM on Oct. 4, 2010