would u smoke pot if it would take away all ur back pain?

my mom had a bad car wreck 19 years ago, and has been on pain killers for her back since then. she has had 4 different surgeries on her back and after the pain is gone for a few months and then returns or it does nothing. she has a pinched nerve and a ruptured disk, and something else i cant remember. Her pain is back worse than ever she says it hurts to do anything even stand and taking 2 oxcy-cotton (sp) every 4 hours only takes the edge off the pain. she went to the doc today and he said they could do another surgery but there is no guarantee it will work, other then that she will be this way forever. my mom has been doing some research on pot and is thinking about smoking some to help her with her back. if it takes her pain away im all for it. my mom is a strong woman but sometimes enough is enough and she has tried everything else. wat would u do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Health

• If I were disabled by back pain, I'd try anything. Trying pot sounds like a good idea before going for surgery that may or may not help.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:27 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Yoga does help back pain, but would not be good for serious back issues.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 3:30 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• ohhhh yes for back pains or any pains =)
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 3:31 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Yes, yes I would.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 3:26 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Well, I can't say for sure since I haven't been in that situation. But from my point of view, I'd probably rather try smoking an herb than getting addicted to narcotic painkillers.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 3:27 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I would definitely try it!

Answer by older at 3:25 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• As long as I wasn't risking getting my kids taken away then absolutely.IMO pot is much safer to your body than oxys.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 3:27 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• no,I would rather go to Yoga. My Dad had ankylosing spondilitis almost all his life which is supposed to be painful but he exercised and did relaxation tecniques. hedidn't take pain killers or want to 'smoke pot'. Pot would hurt my lungs and I quit smoking in 2003 to protect my lungs......pot would not make sense then,would it???
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 3:28 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I remember when a paramedic sugguested for my uncle to smoke pot, he was going through so much pain, he had a tumor& cancer, this was here in Texas, its illegal, my aunt freaked out, i to have been having pain since b4 i had my kids idk why, its in the mornings when i wake up, whenever i bend over to pick up something or when i have the ac on, i man its an everyday thing, i hate it, i have thought about trying it but like i sd it is illegal here in Tx.
    Anonymous

• Yes! I certainly wouldn't want to deal with back pain for 19 years.
    brysonsmommie84

Answer by brysonsmommie84 at 3:33 PM on Oct. 4, 2010