serious tmi but I need answers

My vagina has always been very tight and small and after having a child I thought it would open up well thats not the case is got tighter and it is very difficult to have relations with my husband because of the pain I have to endure during penitration ( spelling???) is this a conditon have you delt with this and how can I help this I really appreciate your help and excuse my lack of puncuation

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Health

• Try some lube.. it might help.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:28 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I agree with SuperrMommyy. Try different lubes. Also, try getting some toys to use at first to help with the discomfort.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:32 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Lubrication.

Some women, who never needed it before. Need it after childbirth.. Both due to the changes in the vaginal lining and walls, but also due to the hormone and chemical changes that women go through after giving birth.

If it's painful to be penetrated. Your best bet is: more lubrication, and making sure you are very sexually stimulated before penetration even happnes (lots of foreplay.. best if you have at least 1 or more orgasms before penetration begins)..
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:34 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Yes, it could be a number of things, look into it.

http://www.webmd.com/pain-management/pain-during-intercourse
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:34 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Lots of foreplay and tons of lube!
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 3:36 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I have the same problem, we managed a couple of times when it wasn't that painful but earlier it was SO painful, maybe cause we hadn't had sex in a while, my dd's 7 months. I had stitches I think that's why.
    Anonymous

• oh and we use lube and it doesn't help - it's more like there is just no room for it! If it continues much longer I'll talk to my doc, maybe you should too.
    Anonymous

• Yep, there really are medical conditions that can cause pain and tightness during sex.
    Anonymous

• I was going to say lube too.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 4:11 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I agree it could be a medical reason, mine was, so I would encorage you to see your OB. Good luck!
    kids_r_gr8

Answer by kids_r_gr8 at 1:06 AM on Oct. 5, 2010