my son pooped in the potty this morning, but not since....I need encouragement.

Hello ladies!
My son pooped in the potty this morning and believe me he got praise praise and praise! This is only the second time he has done it. He is so good at telling me when he has to use the bathroom especially when we are away from the house. I've been brave enough lately to put him in underwear when we leave the house. The timing is always right poop-wise because he seems to only have to go #2 when we are home lol. He did so well this morning, but this afternoon once we got home from errands, I got distracted and when I turned around i saw him squatting in the living room and he pooped on the floor. He did run to the bathroom when I caught him in the act, which was a good thing, but by then he already emptied himself on the floor. I'm a bit confused because he obviously knows better. I need some advice and encouragement!

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 3:28 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• shit happens!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:29 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• *cont*
    I'm not expecting him to be successful everytime just because he did it this morning, but it seems we are on the right track!
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 3:29 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Be persistent and keep at it. You are half way there.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:30 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I noticed one word in your statement that made me realize what was going on...

HE!!!

LOL boys will be boys!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:30 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Why do you need encouragement? Are you having trouble pooping in the potty too?

JK. It's only a matter of time...
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:31 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• yes upshe rises! I forgot how lol
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 3:32 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• If makes you feel any better mine pooped on floor of the bathroom while brushing his teeth. Despite the fact that I had him sitting on the toilet just previous to brushing his teeth.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 3:32 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• lol yes fuznet this happened to us also. He sat on the potty as soon as we got home but I guess he didnt have to poop at the time. He sat there for a while too! he looked through a book.
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 3:34 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• It happens...keep encouraging!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 3:41 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Do you have a little potty? My potty trainer has a potty in the living room so, if she has to go she doesn't have to go anywhere. She usually poops at the same time everyday, just once a day. My nephew goes whenever whereever and it drives me insane. He will tell you if he has to go pee but, will sit in poop until you notice he has pooped on himself. Sorry, I have no advice. Good luck!! He will figure it out. Anytime you see him straining or acting strange put him on the toilet.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 3:48 PM on Oct. 4, 2010