Seasoning ideas for chicken breast

What is your favorite sesonings and maronades. I want to make grilled chicken salad for dinner and want to try something new!

NikkiMomof2grls

Asked by NikkiMomof2grls at 3:40 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Tequila-lime is a good one! And mustard with fresh tarragon. And citrus also goes great with chicken and balsamic marinade.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 4:06 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• One thing I really like (especially if I'm going to make a salad with it) is Lemon Pepper. I like to mix Lemon Pepper with a little hot sauce and marinate the chicken in it for a while before cooking. Then by the time it makes it into the salad, it's not super spicy but it's got a noticeable flavor and maybe just a hint of a kick.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 3:46 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I make a reduced sauce from balsamic vinegar and fresh crushed garlic. Slowly let the chicken cook in it.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 3:51 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I agree with aliceryannesmom, lemon pepper is great, and I love using garlic (either fresh or powdered). For a chicken salad, I mix up a little olive oil, some fresh lemon juice, freshly minced garlic and basil (although powdered and dry will work) and some snipped green onions. I let it marinade for a couple hours, then put it on the grill and sprinkle with some fresh ground pepper.

also taco seasonings were great to make it a chicken taco salad.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 3:49 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I love the chipolte lime marinade!
    warrenfamily95

Answer by warrenfamily95 at 3:51 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• For a marinade before grilling, I like to use pineapple juice, or mango puree, or garlic, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. It depends on my mood though, sometimes I want spicy and will do red pepper, garlic, cilantro, etc.
    lore_tex

Answer by lore_tex at 8:46 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Italian dressing is a good marinade, that is what a majority of restraunts use
    lchristianson5

Answer by lchristianson5 at 4:03 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I use Italian dressing or Garlic & Herb.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 6:22 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• just lime juice and salt
    AshlyN.

Answer by AshlyN. at 10:31 PM on Oct. 4, 2010