TTC/ Long Distance SLASH Traveling Relationship

Fiancee and I no longer live in the same city (He moves a lot for his job.) It did not seem financially wise to up and move with him, so we are continuing our relationship- long distance/traveling. 8.5 hours away from one another. Right now, we are able to see each other once a month...

We have decided to start TTC and then once we are successful and a couple months before due date, my daughter and I would move there. The TTC period and pregnancy period is the time we have dedicated to us saving for baby and a bigger place. Anyway, what are some tips/ideas to maximize our chances of conceiving? Any positions, methods etc?

* We only see other once a month for 3-4 days right now.

BriHan06

Asked by BriHan06 at 3:40 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Get married and live together as a family. Your daughter should have that before she is thrown into a situation with a new baby with his own family. Give them lots of bonding time as a family before a new baby.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:53 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Honestly if it were me, I would move before I TTC. You don't realize just how much money you will spend after you are pregnant. Also, do you really want to move and change doctors?

Think of it along these lines...If it takes you 3 months for a BFP and then 9 months for pregnancy, why not just save up for that time and THEN TTC?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:47 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I've been pregnant before so I know what to expect :) We have been planning for a while so that's not our concern AT ALL. We are great financially but thanks for the wise advice!

Do I want to change doctors not really buuuuuut I did it with my daughter and it worked fine... This just would be the best option for us right now... Long story...

BriHan06

Comment by BriHan06 (original poster) at 4:06 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• If you can go to him at any time - I would take days 8 - 14, have relaxing time (missionary and then tucking pillows under your abdomen and hanging out that way for as long as you can take it helps!
    Maureenmich

Answer by Maureenmich at 4:26 AM on Oct. 5, 2010