when did you switch from bassinett to crib?

MelSwim7

Asked by MelSwim7 at 3:42 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used the bassinet until my son outgrew it at about two months. I woke up at one point ans his little feet here hanging over the edge!
    GingerMom33

Answer by GingerMom33 at 10:19 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I never used a bassinet. Both of mine went in their crib the first night they were home from the hospital.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 3:43 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I only used it with my first. He was 4 months. He was so big he barely fit in there!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:43 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Both my kids used the bassinet until they were touching either end of it. LOL I seriously used it until they didn't fit anymore...so maybe 5 months or so? I just felt better with them snug and secure in a smaller space than rolling around in that huge crib. Plus I liked being able to keep them close to my bed. :)
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 3:43 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• When my daughter was 3 1/2 months and able to hold her head up :)
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 3:49 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• 8 weeks....she started sleeping longer and moving more and it seemed like she needed a change....she sleepd much better and longer in her crib in her room
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 3:49 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• The twins shared a crib in our room for the first 12 weeks and then we moved them into their own room and their own cribs. They were really squirming around and we didn't want to mess with what little sleep we were getting. I'm glad we made the move when we did.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 3:51 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• We never used a bassinet but I would say after a few months or whenever the baby outgrows it.
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 3:56 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My daughter is 8 months and still fits in the bassinet. I will be moving her out this week because she is starting to try and pull herself up. I would say as long as they fit and they aren't trying to pull themselves into a sitting position, they are fine.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 3:59 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My oldest daughter was about 6 months old when she started sleeping her her crib. She seemed to sleep longer & better in her crib than the bassinet. Plus she was sleeping though the night so I didnt need to have her beside the bed for night feedings!
    s_harden

Answer by s_harden at 4:43 PM on Oct. 4, 2010