What problems

could come from having a baby at 35-37 weeks instead of 40? Like many girls here, I have made my own due date (Dec. 15th) while the doctor refuses to change their's (Dec. 22nd) even though he's DOUBLE the weight for their due date and his head measures around the 15th as well.

The point of me asking is, I wanted to start doing little things around Nov. 30th to get him out just to help with the anxiousness of just waiting. Could this be harmful? I'm not looking for AWFUL THINGS WILL HAPPEN IF YOU DON'T LET NATURE TAKE ITS COURSE. I'd prefer personal examples haha.

ours

Asked by ours at 3:03 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• A healthy baby can be born, I think, between 35 and 40 weeks. You don't have to wait all the way until 40 weeks. Nothing will happen if you deliver before 40 wks
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 3:06 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• NOTHING will happen. i had my daughter at 37 weeks. and my sister had her daughter at 36 weeks. Dr just want their lungs to be strong enough when they do come out. Its normal for a woman to have a baby b4 40 weeks. Not a lot of babys want to wait that long anyway
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 3:06 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I had my son 11 days before his due date, but it was natural i didn't help it out, i don't think you should do that, the baby will come when it is fully matured unless there is a problem.... You do what you feel is best for you and the baby but i wouldn't unless the doctor started telling me that he was going to induce my labor, i never want that to happen....
    momacowgirl

Answer by momacowgirl at 3:08 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Both my babies were big...And they noticed this when I was pregnant each time (big babies run in my family)...Macrosomia. They never changed my due dates...But I did have to have c-sections.
    quinnbee21

Answer by quinnbee21 at 3:16 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I had my daughter at 38 weeks and she was 8lbs 2oz and perfectly fine =)
    madilynsmommy08

Answer by madilynsmommy08 at 4:49 PM on Oct. 24, 2008