is this ok

my 5 week old baby girl likes 2 suck on my hair now i have been putting it up but some how every time i brub her she gets it now my hair is not very long i dont know how she is getting it but i am staring 2 brub her sitting up but it does't work as good for her

Paigesmommy78

Asked by Paigesmommy78 at 3:54 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my daughter did that! drove me crazy! i just put my hair up and burped her! as long as she doesnt pull any out she should be fine i would think! i ended up with an 80's side ponytail for awhile lol! try to do the best u can just make sure she doesnt eat any!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 4:13 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• it's not good. don't let her suck on your hair. It can cause a hairball in her stomach and will need to be removed with surgery. Also, by discouraging it now, you may stop her from sucking on her own hair later on.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:58 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I think you're asking if it's ok to burp her sitting up. It is. Maybe if you sit her up and lean her forward against your hand, you will have more success.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:44 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I would not let her suck on your hair. Also, I would just set her up to burp.That is how I did it.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 6:25 PM on Oct. 4, 2010