Is it easyer to start working out with someone or by yourself?

monkeymomof2

Asked by monkeymomof2 at 3:55 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• If you work out with someone it is ok but I like to do this on my own, just put on music in your ears to motivate you that way there is no depending on anyone.

Answer by older at 3:56 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• For me, it's easiest by myself because I listen to my iPod and really get motivated that way. Working out with someone else just distracts me and makes me less likely to push myself. That said, however - I think that working out with someone else is a great way to get started if you're just beginning a fitness routine. A lot of people need the motivation and accountability that comes from another person, so it just depends on your mentality and what works best for you.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 3:56 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I would love to just be the kind of person that can wake up alittle early and do it before everyone wakes up, but I just cant find the mojo to get up and go. I know I need to do it, I guess I just dont have anyone who realy cares about my health to push me. I CAN DO THIS!!!!!
    monkeymomof2

Comment by monkeymomof2 (original poster) at 4:00 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I think everybody is diffrent. I can workout better by myself but I know a lot of people who need to have somebody else there with them to help push them.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 4:12 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I like to work out by myself at the gym but it is nice to have someone that you can have hold you accountable...so if you are doing it together you can keep each other going.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 4:26 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I like the motivation of working with others, but the privacy of making an ass out of myself when attempting to do things I really can't.
    MomNtheRes

Answer by MomNtheRes at 4:27 PM on Oct. 4, 2010