Baby moving?

So I was standing in my kitchen and I felt something in my stomach that felt like the baby flipping. I felt it a couple times followed by some other movements. I am 20 weeks today and I have only felt the baby a couple times. After the feeling I had now I feel constant movements in my belly. So my question is....Is it too soon to feel the baby move or is it the baby moving and doing flips. I have my ultrasound tomorrow and I find out what I am having. But I am a bigger girl and have been told its normal not to feel the baby until 22 weeks. Just curious. It was an awesome feeling though!

kbond21

Asked by kbond21 at 3:55 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No it is not too soon to feel the baby move. Also being bigger has nothing to do with it. Some will feel as early as 9 weeks and some not till after 20 weeks.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 3:58 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• :-) i love feeling the baby move! i hated it when she kicked me so hard it knocked the wind out of me tho lol! ur totally normal not to worry!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 4:04 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I felt my first child at 14 weeks and could see him moving so girl greatest of news baby is dancing
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 4:05 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Thats great news. So then its normal for then to flip? I love the feeling. I was so happy!
    kbond21

Comment by kbond21 (original poster) at 4:07 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• 20 weeks is normal, sometimes they kick earlier around 18 wks.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 4:35 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Totally normal. It is a very awesome feeling.
    joleigh81

Answer by joleigh81 at 5:04 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• yep very normal i didnt feel my son moving til 22 weeks and its been over a month since then and he wont let up! i love it! congrats
    drdavenport

Answer by drdavenport at 5:41 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My son used to make my tummy look like I had an alien (as my brothers called it) in my tummy. Literally, caved in on one side and expanded on another side. He turned out to be an extremely big boy also!

My daughter kicked the crap out of my organs. Completely and totally kicked the crap out of them! The other thing she used to do is when I would sit in the wading pool (July and 90's) she would crawl up under my rib cage. She really did some weird things when she was in my belly!!
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 7:44 PM on Oct. 4, 2010