Do you Watch your children(s) t.v. shows/censor them?

Example: Degrassi was rather Mild, but as the Characters got up in age so did the Content. Sex, Masturbation, Suicide, Sexuality. When I found that out - I was like - OMG!

emily1230

Asked by emily1230 at 3:56 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• my DD only watches tv or movies G and PG as she gets older she can watch what we think is okay...now a day you really have to watch what your kids see and learn off tv and movies...i mean thats the least we can do...since in school some of the things that other kids say or do or talk about we have no control over. every parent is different on what they let there kids see and hear...
    allforlove229

Answer by allforlove229 at 4:02 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• my kids are able to see rated g, pg, pg13 and some r...as long as it has no nudity
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 3:58 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I did always watch what my kids were watching and monitor it for content that I felt was appropriate for their age....and sometimes stuff that I just didn't feel comfortable watching myself, and figured they could make that decision for themselves when they were adults. It's so hard now because even good shows have things that cross the line every now and then. It would be nice to just find shows that you could trust for kids. Some of my favorite shows as an adult, I wouldn't have wanted my kids to watch until they were older and had enough experience and maturity to be able to filter the information cor themsevles.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 4:01 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Mine can watch anything, but, pure porn. Although he has seen "pornish" scenes in movies like Hostel and the newest Friday the 13th. He watches all sorts of movies and shows. We learn and discuss, all shows are a learning experience.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:02 PM on Oct. 4, 2010