1st Birthday

Next month is my sons first birthday, and I am stumped as of what to get him. He is walking already.....any good ideas??

momma-meg

Asked by momma-meg at 3:06 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• oh girl join the crowd my daughters first is in two weeks and i have know idea either i guess just noisey toys thats what they like ha ha good luck
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 3:07 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I'm in the same boat too! I think I'm just going to get my dd newspapers and boxes! That's all she'll play with.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 3:09 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• We got our son the Playschool Ball Popper, a flashlight shaped like a horse from Walmart that has a button on it's tail that when you push the horses mouth opens & that's where the light is, it also makes horse sounds, and we got him a bubble gun & a couple outfits. I think we're going to get him the VTech thing for babies that hooks up to the TV. He turns 1 on December 13th.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 3:19 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I would get blocks or a table with lots of activities and they also have that singing stand with a mirrior in it! they love to hear the sound of music!
    MoMluvsherkids

Answer by MoMluvsherkids at 5:36 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• i am giving my son a folding couch ($35). Its nice because he can sit on it, and also it folds out. He loves climbing on cushions and crawling over things. so this was the perfect gift for him. his birthday isin a few weeks... but i gave him his couch a little early:).
    The couch has elmo and other sesame street characters on it. he smushes his head into elmos and gives him 'loves.' its so cute.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 8:35 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• my nephew got a jumparoo for his first birthday and that kid wore it out by his second birthday! I made my daughter homemade toys for her first - bought colored glitter sand and filled empty baby juice bottles with the sand at different levels (some more full than others). I used gorilla glue to fasten the cap on tight, removed the label from the bottle, and created homemade maracas. Those little bottles are still Noelle's favorite toys a year later, and they only cost me $7 for the sand! Also, she loves her baby shopping cart - she'll go "shopping" around the house every night
    baenglishwc05

Answer by baenglishwc05 at 11:37 PM on Oct. 24, 2008