How long is it safe to carry your todler?

I have a 2 year old who weighs 30 pounds. when he falls asleep and i have to carry him is it safe? I am 3 months preggo

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i wouldnt say it would hurt you right now. but i would try to hold him or her less. im 9 months pregnant and i carry my 20lb daughter all the time. i also carry my 30lb niece around sometimes. just dont pick them up while ur standing. bend down and pick them up. Just be sure and ask ur dr.
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 3:09 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I never stopped carrying my toddler when I was pregnant with my second child. Talk to your doctor about this if you have concerns.
    quinnbee21

Answer by quinnbee21 at 3:14 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Same here.... my oldest was 19 mo when my 2nd was born. I picked him up and carried him all the time. You can't avoid it, really. The doctor said it was fine. Just try not to over exert (sp?) yourself.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 3:34 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• My inlaws keep telling me that i dont need to pick up my 2yr old(33lbs) or even my 10m old(18lbs) being that i am 7m pregnant.

You know what i tell them? Would you like to come sit in my house every day and then tell me not to pick them up. You really can avoid doing it.
    Anonymous

• i did all the time and both of my kids are fine i was carry my lil girl when i was going to have my lil boy haven contack... at that so it ok just try to sit down then pick your child up and stand if you have to then that what i did ..

crystal85

Answer by crystal85 at 3:52 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I carried my kids around all the time. I didn't have problems. As long as you don't over exert yourself you'll be alright. Sometimes kids just need to be carried if your not doing it then who is?
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 4:03 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• My doctor gave me a 25 pound weight limit for lifting, but it shouldn't be too bad. Just be sure to lift with your legs, and don't do it too often, but what you're talking about shouldn't be an issue.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:03 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I'm 7 months pg. and I still carry my 5 year old to bed, and she's over 50 pounds...my 3 year old is about 28 pounds and she wants to be carried all the time, I lifted my other kids until the end with my other pregnancies, sometimes there's no way around it, but I haven't heard of any risks associated with it unless you have been specifically told not to life over a certain amount like with preterm labor or other health problems. As I get bigger there are some days where I am just too achy or don't feel up to it, but in general I pretty much do everything I did before I was pregnant, I don't really have a choice honestly, especially if DH is at work.
    lipstickclouds

Answer by lipstickclouds at 4:10 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• im still carryiing my daughter and im due today and it dont hurt me,so im sure your safe
    photogrypher

Answer by photogrypher at 4:28 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Unless your back pain gets so bad that you can't lift and carry, you should be fine. I was given a weight limit of 10lbs because I had health problems. However, my SIL wasn't given any kind of restrictions and she carried her son around the entire time she was pregnant with her daughter. He was younger, but he was a heavy kiddo.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:55 PM on Oct. 24, 2008