To all mothers who have had c-sections

Are you sick of people say how 'bad' they are, especially since you had no say in whether you had one or not? I'm disappointed about my baby's birth as it is without someone ranting about it. I had to vent...sorry.

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 3:07 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yes i am because i see all these post that say how do i make sure i dont have a c-sec and what can i do to make sure this dont happen. It makes me mad. If i would have known that after 63hrs of hard labor i would of had a c-sec then i would have done it in the beginning. Its hard to go through and you feel like you didnt really give birth to your child. I want to feel what that feels like. And i envy the women that are ale to do it.
    Anonymous

• I've had 2 c-sections. My sister went on and on about how I wasn't woman enough to have my babies the right way. LOL. She's nuts. It doesn't matter how we bring them into the world (vaginal vs c-section)...It matters how we care for them once they are here.
    quinnbee21

Answer by quinnbee21 at 3:10 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• There is nothing wrong with having a c section...wouldn't you rather have a healthy baby than so called bragging rights? Even people that had a vaginal birth get sh!t if they had epidural or drugs or any sort of help.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 3:12 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• What really griped my ass is when my friend WHO HAS NEVER had children came to visit me the next day and gave me this look when I told her he was delivered by c-section. She goes "why do women now days have so many c-sections?" And it was in a snotty way.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 3:13 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• i understand where ur coming from. i had one with my daughter bc she was breech no one said anything about that one bc i couldnt help it. now im about to have one with my son. EVERYONE has to say something about it. and how dumb the dr is bc i could push him out blah blah blah. my dr didnt even choose the c section this time I DID so them sayin how dumb it is, is just hinting to me im dumb lol. but i have my reasons for doing it and they can just shove it for all i care.... Just ignore them and tell them u dont care to talk about it. or change the subject.
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 3:14 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I had one c-section and will be having my second in May 09. I hate that people minimize that whole experience, like it's a cop out or something. My mom actually told me a couple weeks ago (during a debate about switching OBs.........she thinks I should, and I disagree) that I didn't "really give birth" I just had a surgery. So it doesn't matter. As I see it, I was in labor for 4 hrs, had to have an emergency c-section because his cord was around his neck, but the results were the same...........out came a baby, whether I pushed him or he was cut out, a baby resulted. Therefore I gave birth!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 3:14 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• quinnbee21, did you slap your sister? I had a section with #2 due to breech presentation, vaginal with #1, #3, & #4. It was awful compared to having a vaginal delivery but I would never EVER condemn another mother for having one after a 60+ hour labor. I'd shake you for not having one earlier! Don't let anyone make you feel like you had less of a birth. While I feel sad for those who've never experienced a vaginal delivery, it's not because I'm better than you because I'M NOT, it's because you had to go through more pain and a longer recovery than you would have had you had a vaginal delivery.
    Jessy0419

Answer by Jessy0419 at 3:15 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Me and one of my sisters have to have our kids by c-sec. so when i had my first baby. And he was in the nicu the only thing she really said was "well it looks like im the only one that had to push my kids out" I hated her.
    Anonymous

• I have definitley gotten annoyed before, but not because I am dissapointed about them, my c-sections were fine, I just get irritated in general by people who don't mind their own buisness...I don't have any bad feelings about them and I think it's a little odd when strangers decide to have bad feelings about someone else's birth not knowing the circumstances behind it, if that makes sense. But I usually just ignore them now, I get bored with the nosy nellies lol.
    Anonymous

• IVE HAD 4 BOYS 1 VAG AND 3 C-SEC. 2ND BABY HAD CORD AROUND HIS NECK 3 TIMES,#3 NEVER ENGAGED/DROPPED AND HE WAS 13 DAYS OVER DUE HE WEIGHED 11LBS3OZ AND WITH #4 THEY JUST SAID IT WAS SAFER THIS WAY. I FELT SO MUCH BETTER WITH THE C-SEC IT IS HARD TO GET BACK ON UR FEET BUT IT WAS SO MUCH BETTER THAN NOT BEING ABLKE TO SIT FOR SIX WEEKS B/C OF ALL THE PRESSURE AND STICHES. IM NOW PREGNANT WITH #5 AND AT TIMES I WISH MY HUBBY COULD SEE THE BABY BE BORN VAG, BUT HE SAID IT DONT MATTER TO HIM SO LONG AS THE BABY IS HEALTHY. SOME PPL JUST NEED TO GET OFF THE HIGH HORSE, NOT ALL WOMEN R THE SAME AND SO THEY INVENTED THE DR WHO CAN ASSIT US WITH GETTING OUT R HEALTHY BABY IN A NOTHER WAY!!!
    lala91172

Answer by lala91172 at 3:32 PM on Oct. 24, 2008