Sarah Palin says a new crop of conservative women will ‘rise up’ to protect their cubs. But will they?

Excerpts from Newsweek article:
A mama grizzly is a conservative woman with “common sense,” as Sarah Palin puts it, someone who “rises up” to protect her children when she sees them endangered by bad policies in Washington. She is fearless, and that, in combination with her femaleness, makes her scary—a new kind of political predator. She will take on any foe and, the implication is, rip him or her to shreds.
Political pundits and journalists were delighted. Like beauty-contest judges, they began to bestow the mama grizzly title upon the women Palin endorsed, such as Nikki Haley, who is running for governor in South Carolina; Carly Fiorina, a Senate candidate in California; and Susana Martinez, a gubernatorial candidate in New Mexico. Palin was soon anointing mama grizzlies herself.

tasches

Asked by tasches at 3:59 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Where did Sarah Palin say that Liberals do not protect their children !!?

All she said was that Conservative moms WERE protective ... it is VERY fuzzy thinking - even just plain bad arithmetic to conclude that

If Conservative = protective, then not-conservative = not-protective.

No way. That's like saying "If it's a dog, then it has fur; and thus if it is NOT a dog, then it does NOt have fur." See the faulty logic?
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 8:22 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Liberal women don't protect their cubs? More divisive lanuage is not what we need as moms. We all love and strive to protect our children.
    AngelleBatten

Answer by AngelleBatten at 4:03 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Palin lives, functions and exists in her own little bubble. She is self contained, harmless and a hood ornament at best; heard only by those willing to tolerate her meaningless drivel.

IMO, the major GOP players ignore and keep their distance.

She has a gaggle of kids at home who could use her Mama bear  protection at this moment- how about her actions matching her words; lend some credibility to her stance-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 4:08 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• So I do not protect my son b/c I am liberal? yeah right...you mess with my son, see what happens. I think Palin needs to go away. She lives in a fairytell that I can't live in.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 4:53 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Dear Sarah, please don't call our children cubs and don't call us mom's "mama grizzlies". It's irritating to say the least... Keep it in your own home Sarah, in real life we're not a Dick and Jane children's book.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 5:06 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• She's not a grizzly bear. She's a freak.

If she insists on being a bear, though, I'll give her this: She's a Polarizing Bear.

There.  I think I've just coined her a new one. . .

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 5:25 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• AngelleBatten took the words right out of my mouth! I'm liberal, but screw with my kid and you bet your ass I'll go grizzly on you!!!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 4:05 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• So this is the new incarnation of the Security Mom, who was preceded by the Soccer Mom.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:38 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• lol. Everything that comes out of her mouth makes me laugh so incredibly hard. Why is she always comparing women to animals? First they were pit bulls with lipstick and now they're grizzly bears?

So liberal women don't protect their children? She keeps on talking like that and a "liberal mama grizzly" is going to rip her to shreds. I can't even think of the correct word to call her.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 8:14 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Meh, she's an idiot. I am not a "mama grizzly" and I find that pandering and obnoxious, and a stupid catch phrase that is meaningless and annoying, similar to many marketing phrases that cater to the lowest common denominator. *GAG* I am not a mama grizzly, I am an adult woman and of course I love and protect my children.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:04 PM on Oct. 4, 2010