Why do the Kids listen to Him and not Me?

My kids ages 10 and 13 will not listen to me when I ask them to do something. If their father tells them something, they jump right up and do whatever is asked of them. This is stressing me out. Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in General Parenting

• Hmm. You could talk to your kids about it but honestly, I would tell my husband what I need done and have him ask them. I would rather have it done than make a deal out of them not listening to me. I can relate. Problem is here, they are not consistent with who they listen to!
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 5:18 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Does he follow through with discipline? Maybe his punishments are more harsh so they know to listen? Maybe they know the can walk on you. Sorry, you might just have to toughen up to get them to know you are serious!
    Anonymous

• Tell your kids, I am your mother and what I say goes and if you keep your stuff up there will be consequenses. I will be taking t.v's, toys, any phones, if they have one, and anything they love. You need to talk to your hubby about this and tell him what if it was you they was doing it to?
    Anonymous