wwyd?

Bride and Groom get married. Everything is perfect and everyone is happy... they leave to go on their honeymoon in Paris. They are late 20s and both have good jobs, this trip maybe not a once in a life time trip.. but they certainly wont be going back for years and years.

The brides uncle dies 3rd day into the honeymoon... Do you call the bride and groom back to the states right then knowing they will be forfeitingtheir honeymoon or do you wait until the last day of their honeymoon and let them know. Obviously the funeral would have to be put on hold about a week for the second option.

Would your response to this be different depending on how the uncle died: having been sick for a long time, sudden and unexpected death, suicide.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• sick for a long time i'd call them asap
    suicide or unexpected, i'd wait
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:13 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I would call and let them know but but off the funeral if the uncle was very close to the bride/grrom
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:19 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I would wait either way until they "returned" from their Honeymoon. Why ruin their one & only honeymoon? The burial can wait. What is the point of making her miserable at this time?

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:23 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• unless the uncle was very close to the bride or groom ... then no I wouldnt........on the other hand you could always let them know and let them decide what to do
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 4:27 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Was she close with this uncle? That could also make a difference also. If she was close with her uncle then I would call but if not then wait until she gets back and then tell her. But be sure to tell her that you waited because you didn't want to ruin the honeymoon. Also, if the burial wont be until they return you could also wait. That way they'll have no worries while on their honeymoon, but they wont miss the burial either.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 4:29 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I'd call them but i would call them there last morning when they are coming back so like that they can atleast say they had a couple of nice days and nites until that one morning when they woke up and got that call..... =)
    allforlove229

Answer by allforlove229 at 4:30 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I'd wait.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 4:38 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I would wait for them to return.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 5:40 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Hmm my sister in laws brother died on her honeymoon and her family knew they had to call her on her honeymoon.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:41 PM on Oct. 4, 2010