al Qaeda

From what I understand, word is out to warn people about traveling to Europe right now since it's believed that the al Qaeda are looking to target places in Europe.

on one hand I can't blame those in Europe that didn't want to get involved in the political problems the US was/is having and the War on Terrorism.
but this is starting to remind me of how certain groups decided to be 'neutral' when it came to helping the Jews in World War II
then the Nazis came after them.

anyone think we could be looking at a re-occurrence of it all?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think that what AlQaeda is doing is slightly different, and on a much larger scale than what Nazi Germany is doing ~ and they are using religion as the scapegoat ... at least Hitler stated straight up what his prejudice was. I also see differences in how people perceive what AQ is doing from how Hitler was viewed. AQ again uses religion to convince people to back off ~ and moderate Muslims aid and abet that. There has also been a long running campaign pushing only the good parts of Islam and ignoring the bad as well as Islamic history. Even a cursory study of both explains what AQ is, and what it is doing.

I expect to see a violent backlash eventually. Even in secular nations people are getting sick of the pushiness and the threats. The main difference I see is that with the widespread Muslim population, this time it will truly be a world war ~ and NO country is going to be able to sit it out.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 4:36 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I've been wondering this for a while. al Qaeda isn't threatening them because of the US. They are doing it to but fear across the world and trying to gain power.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:17 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• This isn't even remotely the same kind of situation.

Al Queda is fighting the west...which includes Europe.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:19 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I think you are probably right, to what extent we will unfortunately, find out. Al Qaeda is fighting everybody who isn't Muslim and I agree with Farmlady...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 5:57 PM on Oct. 4, 2010